Thursday, May 2, 2013

Curious George!

     Today was extremely busy for me.  I didn't get to see George as much as I would have liked, but that is life.  Today I gave him something new to try.  He loves pasta dishes.  Today he tried some of my Stroganoff noodles.  He LOVED them!!!
     I did a lot of stuff around the barn today.  One of my many chores was changing a tire on the riding lawn mower.  I had lots of help.  George also kept his eye on me as well.  He flew around the house a couple of times wondering what I was doing.
     I also got to rake up the hay from this winters hay deposit to the barn.  I didn't get to finish that, but I had an audience for that too.  George wasn't very far away and he would fly around the barn several times at different intervals.  Sometimes he would talk to me in flight and other times he would be in the nearby tree just watching.
     The funniest part of my day with George is when I was taking photos of flowers.  Here is one of the below.
I was on my belly.  I wanted to get some really great Macro shots.  So I had to get on the ground.  Next to me was Deegan.  Faithful as ever he was right beside me putting his nose on the flowers and then looking at me.  It was so adorable.  I had to send him away cause he kept messing up my shots.  He didn't got that far away however maybe four or five feet away.  As I was setting up for a shot I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye.  At the same time Deegan was rolling in the grass like a maniac.  I looked up and George was flying around us!!!  George flew around and around tilting his head flying lower and lower.  All the while Deegan was still rolling.  I hollered up at George and said, "Hi George."  He must have thought something was wrong cause he RAWRKED and settled down in the tree nearby.  I had to laugh.  Just imagine what had been going through his mind.  I wonder if he thought I was hurt.  He doesn't normally see me on the ground like that.  I can only imagine!
The one other thing that George did today that gave me a chuckle was when I was finishing chores I went and dumped my last wheel barrel full of poo and shut the gate.  As I turned something caught my eye.  I looked out into the pasture and sitting on the tree was George.  I stood there and watched him for a moment cause he seemed like he was doing something strange.  This is what he was doing.  He was standing on the tree.  He would stand up really straight and cock his head really really severe.  He would then jump up off of the tree and land on the ground and then lift is head like he just ate something.  I should probably tell you that the tree he was standing on is on the ground so he didn't have far to jump.  He did this for several moments.  I at one point spoke to him and he looked at me.  It almost seemed like he was showing me what he was doing.  He would repeat his "stalking technique" then look at me, "stalk" then kill whatever it was and eat it then looked at me like, "Do you understand?"  It was amazing!!  Maybe he is practicing with me for when the babies are ready to leave the nest.  George was scratching around on the ground like a chicken for a few minutes too.  That was really funny. A raven acting like a chicken.  Ha Ha!
Its great to be able to see the things that I see.  What I see other people take for granted or they just don't believe me.  If people would only take the time to smell the roses they could see what I see.  I feel so privileged to share my life with this incredible bird!!!
Tune in tomorrow for the next edition to George: The Old Silo Raven!!!  Thanks for stopping by George and I appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment